A Tale of Two Sisters

Random thoughts regarding religion, politics, pop culture, and anything else that stikes my fancy. Everyone says I'm funny (looking)...

Name:
Location: Metro Detroit, Michigan, United States

Big Seester of The Clam Rampant. Friend of The Canuck (Baldguy). Newbie blogger. Veteran lurker. What about me? I dunno... Sex: Girl Race: Whitey Ethnicity: Solidly Mitteleuropa, with a smidge of Brittania for good measure Religion: Roman Catholic Fave Hockey Team: Red Wings Fave Baseball Team: Tigers Fave Basketball Team: Don't like basketball, but Pistons Fave Football Team: Notre Dame Fighting Irish, and the Michigan Wolverines (the Lions? Don't make me cry!)

Monday, February 26, 2007

SHE DID IT!

And I was there - I witnessed it!

This Saturday at the Cathedral of the Most Blessed Sacrament, my baby seester, The Clam Rampant, solemnly declared her intent to enter into full communion with the Catholic Church this Easter! I am only slightly chuffed about this - I have been holding my breath for months!

She has even bought cards to send invitations to family members to attend the Easter Vigil on Holy Saturday and watch her get initiated. (A big step for her, since "The Clam" is a nickname I came up with based on how secretive she is.) They probably won't come, since it's a really long service, and they are not down with the Holy Father at all, but at least the info will be out there and I won't feel like Agent 99 anymore. (If you don't know who Agent 99 is, you need to check out Get Smart!)

I was thinking I should take a picture and post it, but then I realized that I would have to edit her out of the picture, so there wouldn't be much point...

1 Comments:

Blogger Kasia said...

Actually, she first suggested Catholicism to me about 14 years ago, so I'm surprised she's ONLY been holding her breath for months... ;-)

February 26, 2007 at 3:34:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home