A Tale of Two Sisters

Random thoughts regarding religion, politics, pop culture, and anything else that stikes my fancy. Everyone says I'm funny (looking)...

Name:
Location: Metro Detroit, Michigan, United States

Big Seester of The Clam Rampant. Friend of The Canuck (Baldguy). Newbie blogger. Veteran lurker. What about me? I dunno... Sex: Girl Race: Whitey Ethnicity: Solidly Mitteleuropa, with a smidge of Brittania for good measure Religion: Roman Catholic Fave Hockey Team: Red Wings Fave Baseball Team: Tigers Fave Basketball Team: Don't like basketball, but Pistons Fave Football Team: Notre Dame Fighting Irish, and the Michigan Wolverines (the Lions? Don't make me cry!)

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Say it ain't so!

This morning, I was awakened, as per usual, by a bony cat paw in my face. (She's a morning cuddler, but she can't tell time. Bad kitty!) I greeted the new day anxiously, skipping around the apartment getting ready for work, singing to a bluebird which was perched on my hand. I wondered what had become of the elections which were so hotly contested here in the great state of Michigan. I went to work, logged on, and checked CNN, only to find out news that shook me to my very core. I guess I'm still in shock, but I will try to convey my pain to you...

Britney and Kevin are getting a divorce! I know - I was floored too! I was so sure that they would last!

OK. That was mean. They are probably hurting right now. But seriously, who didn't see that coming? (Except the 2 of them, I mean.)

Here's the thing. I don't LIKE Britney OR Kevin. I don't want to know anything about them. As Tommy Lee Jones said in The Fugutive, "I don't ca-are!" (say it with a southern accent - it's more fun that way!) So why do I have to hear all this stuff?

The Big Seester

1 Comments:

Blogger The Big Seester said...

DJ,

How right you are. I have NEVER liked Tom Cruise, even in the 1980s when everyone else was oooohing and ahhhing over him. That's not to say I never liked any of his movies, but I never thought he was dreamy or anything like that. And now he just comes across as an extremely selfish whackjob.

My kneejerk reaction when things like the TomKat wedding happen is to start a pool to guess how long before it ends. I don't do it for two reasons:

1. It seems to reflect poorly on me - there's an element of schadenfreude that I'd rather not own up to.
2. I don't know how to make a pool work.

TBS

November 15, 2006 at 9:08:00 AM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home