A Tale of Two Sisters

Random thoughts regarding religion, politics, pop culture, and anything else that stikes my fancy. Everyone says I'm funny (looking)...

Name:
Location: Metro Detroit, Michigan, United States

Big Seester of The Clam Rampant. Friend of The Canuck (Baldguy). Newbie blogger. Veteran lurker. What about me? I dunno... Sex: Girl Race: Whitey Ethnicity: Solidly Mitteleuropa, with a smidge of Brittania for good measure Religion: Roman Catholic Fave Hockey Team: Red Wings Fave Baseball Team: Tigers Fave Basketball Team: Don't like basketball, but Pistons Fave Football Team: Notre Dame Fighting Irish, and the Michigan Wolverines (the Lions? Don't make me cry!)

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Sigh. Doesn't it just figure?

So I am informed by a well-respected source that Rick Mercer (ahem) bats for the other team.

That's OK. He's still handsome, witty and articulate. And I'll still watch his show. I just won't expect him to show up and whisk me away to glamorous Toronto, the capitol of Canada, with its ice-sculpture parliament building and eskimo guards.

You know, I'm just saying - there ought to be a law. Gay men should all have to talk like Paul Lynde, so we don't pine after the wrong guys. And if you don't know who Paul Lynde is, shame on you! OK, OK. Here's his wiki:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Lynde

He's one of those old-time Hollywood types that everyone recognizes, even if you don't know his name...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

There's hope for you yet, DJ! Can you hear his voice? He had a really distinctive voice. I'm sure he was on Laff-a-Lympics when I was a kid. (That dates me, doesn't it?)

It's also the voice of Roger the Alien on American Dad. Which just proves Seth MacFarlane has one of the weirdest minds in showbiz today. (See also Chester Cheetah/Rush back in November.)

TBS

February 7, 2007 at 3:05:00 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know. She expects me to pick her (and The Canuck) up at the airport on Saturday. I have warned her that if she doesn't bring some warmer weather back with her, she may be on her own getting home.

Never fear, though DJ, I guarantee she'll come back from FLA as pasty as she was when she left Detroit.

TBS

February 7, 2007 at 4:15:00 PM EST  
Blogger Kasia said...

Does it have to be freshly squeezed lemon juice, DJ? 'Cause I'm pretty sure that squeezing a lemon on vacation is too much work... ;-)

At least you know the Miracle Max reference. There really IS hope for you!

If you don't want to hear about Florida, I won't tell you about my 'gator experiences yesterday...

February 8, 2007 at 9:13:00 AM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home