A Tale of Two Sisters

Random thoughts regarding religion, politics, pop culture, and anything else that stikes my fancy. Everyone says I'm funny (looking)...

Name:
Location: Metro Detroit, Michigan, United States

Big Seester of The Clam Rampant. Friend of The Canuck (Baldguy). Newbie blogger. Veteran lurker. What about me? I dunno... Sex: Girl Race: Whitey Ethnicity: Solidly Mitteleuropa, with a smidge of Brittania for good measure Religion: Roman Catholic Fave Hockey Team: Red Wings Fave Baseball Team: Tigers Fave Basketball Team: Don't like basketball, but Pistons Fave Football Team: Notre Dame Fighting Irish, and the Michigan Wolverines (the Lions? Don't make me cry!)

Tuesday, May 08, 2007

The Moralities of House, MD

While I'm in a TV kind of mood, I wanted to draw your attention to a blog I read regularly, American Papist. Besides the fact that Thomas is a local boy (also from Detroit), he's really S-M-R-T.

http://www.americanpapist.com/blog.html

Anyway, back to my point. Thomas has started a semi-regular feature on his blog, called The Moralities of House. Apparently I can't link directly to the correct posts, but he uses labels, and "House" is one of them...

He's done 3 so far:
The Moralities of House (3x21, "Family")
The Moralities of House (3x20, "House Training")
The Moralities of House (3x19, "Act Your Age")

Check them out. He's much much more cognizent of the ins and outs of moral dilemmas on the show than I am, and I find his comments pretty spot on.

And again, Hugh Laurie is AWESOME! If I'm completely honest, this is one show I try never to miss.

Thomas catches some of the funnier quips from the show, like: "Loss of free will. I like it. Maybe we can get Thomas Aquinas in for a consult."

Of course, I also very much enjoyed when he went shopping for a new cane with Wilson. (Not at a medical supply company. At some sort of goth shop.) The first cane the salesdude showed him was black, with a silver skull for a handle. House says, "No...too Marilyn Manson in a rest home." The second one was (I think) a bull penis stretched over the cane. House's response? "Bull penises are murder." (ie "fur is murder"). What does he end up with? A black cane with flames on the bottom, "because it looks like I'm going really fast!"

Too funny! Long may he reign!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home