A Tale of Two Sisters

Random thoughts regarding religion, politics, pop culture, and anything else that stikes my fancy. Everyone says I'm funny (looking)...

Name:
Location: Metro Detroit, Michigan, United States

Big Seester of The Clam Rampant. Friend of The Canuck (Baldguy). Newbie blogger. Veteran lurker. What about me? I dunno... Sex: Girl Race: Whitey Ethnicity: Solidly Mitteleuropa, with a smidge of Brittania for good measure Religion: Roman Catholic Fave Hockey Team: Red Wings Fave Baseball Team: Tigers Fave Basketball Team: Don't like basketball, but Pistons Fave Football Team: Notre Dame Fighting Irish, and the Michigan Wolverines (the Lions? Don't make me cry!)

Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Last Night's 24

So The Canuck convinced me that I may have just given up on 24 a teeny-weeny bit prematurely, so I tuned back in last week, and again last night.

The show is an After School Special for Why You Don't Fish From The Company Dock.

Exhibit 1: The ongoing drama of Potato Face and Morris (and sometimes Milo). I'm not even certain whether Potato Face and Morris are actually still married, or an example of those seriously delusional "it didn't work the first time we were married, but what the hell, let's try dating anyway!" people. Anyway, at the beginning of the season Chloe and Milo had gone on like 1 date (girls: Milo was being awfully stalky for a 1 date guy, don't you think?) and she was back with Morris...blah blah blah...like sands through the hourglass... Fast forward to now, when they get into a snippy little fight, Chloe says something truly awful, Morris tells her it's over FOR REAL THIS TIME JACKIE BURKHART, and Chloe crys. It takes Nadia, the Muslim who went from being the suspected mole to in charge of CTU on the same day, to tell them to grow up, quit mixing business with pleasure, and focus on the fact that HELLO! They are in the middle of a national crisis! IDIOTS!

Exhibit 2: Then you have the reason Nadia the mole/nonmole is in charge of CTU. The director, Bill Buchanan, got fired. BY HIS WIFE. Who happens to be the National Security Advisor. If you don't think that will affect their marriage, you are more naive that I thought!

Exhibit 3: VP Daniels (Who's Acting President, what with Whiny Wayne in the hospital again), who is apparently a widower, has been... ahem... boinking his secretary, the blonde gal whose name I can never remember. Well, buddy, guess what? She's got a dishy dude on the side, who just happens to be feeding info to the Russians! (oopsie!) And he has to get advice on how to handle this from Tom Lennox. Pretty emasculating.

Exhibit 4: I'm not sure how Jack met Audrey. I'm not sure the background of that whole thing. I just know he was willing to risk an awful lot of people's lives to get her back. And I take that a little personally.

So you see boys and girls, if you work for a large corporation and want to date someone who is not in your own particular division, who you see on the elevator, in the lunch room, at company picnics, that's groovy, baby.

If you are trying to save the world from the scourge of terrorism and nuke-lear weapons, and that person sits at the next terminal or that person is your boss, DON'T GO FOR IT. You will regret it.

Other random musings:

1. I am really liking Tom Lennox.
2. I finally figured it out - Chloe reminds me of Renee Zellweger. She's got the exact same could burst into tears at any moment look on her face. Eewww.
3. I actually really like Nadia too. Throughout the whole season, she has been relatively sane, intelligent, and not getting all wigged out about stuff. Plus she seems to have recovered from the trauma of being roughed up by Ricky Schroder pretty well. As the new leader, she has been decisive and fair. Sure, she was a little wishy-washy last night, but come on: she's like 21, she's been put in charge during a national crisis! All in all, I think she's handling it well. It will suck if she turns out to be the mole. But I don't think she is. I'm still kind of thinking it's Milo.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Kasia said...

What I don't understand (apart from why people like having their adrenaline spike for an hour a week) is why the guy was able to work for his wife to begin with. Even in organizations that tolerate some level of nepotism (like two sisters working in the same department, for example), direct supervisory authority is a biiiiiig no-no.

May 1, 2007 at 1:17:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have no idea, seeing as how this is my first season watching this show...Canuck? Was there ever an explanation given?

Course, she works in DC and he works in LA, so there's that.

I also don't understand how Chloe and Morris ended up working side by side at CTU, being as how they can't keep business business and personal personal. I can't for the life of me figure out why CTU doesn't have a "no co-worker dating" policy.

I have a friend who met her husband at work, they dated, got engaged, and got married, all under the radar because it was against company policy. Once they presented their marriage as a done deal, the wife was tranferred to another dept on another floor.

Not kidding. And this was only Krupp or one of the local electronics firms.

TBS

May 1, 2007 at 3:46:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Kasia said...

Isn't Milo the one who was all into Nadia and vice versa?

May 4, 2007 at 11:07:00 AM EDT  
Blogger The Big Seester said...

Yes...but that was a few weeks ago. Milo seems to be interested in any and all co-workers who have boobies...

TBS

May 4, 2007 at 8:23:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home