A Tale of Two Sisters

Random thoughts regarding religion, politics, pop culture, and anything else that stikes my fancy. Everyone says I'm funny (looking)...

Name:
Location: Metro Detroit, Michigan, United States

Big Seester of The Clam Rampant. Friend of The Canuck (Baldguy). Newbie blogger. Veteran lurker. What about me? I dunno... Sex: Girl Race: Whitey Ethnicity: Solidly Mitteleuropa, with a smidge of Brittania for good measure Religion: Roman Catholic Fave Hockey Team: Red Wings Fave Baseball Team: Tigers Fave Basketball Team: Don't like basketball, but Pistons Fave Football Team: Notre Dame Fighting Irish, and the Michigan Wolverines (the Lions? Don't make me cry!)

Thursday, December 21, 2006

Oh Goody

Jenny from the Block has spoken:

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061221/UPDATE/612210446

In a nutshell, here's what it says. Michigan's economy is bad. (RBTL: Duh. My favorite zing was made in the Detroit News, where a columnist explained that for 48 states, the economy is great. Michigan and Louisiana are the only 2 having major problems. You know Louisiana - the state that went all bayou, all the time after Hurricane Katrina. It's funny because it's true. They have an excuse. What's ours?) We face an unprecedented deficit (RBTL: even though I've already had 4 years to make a dent, things are worse than they were). It appears that I will have to either raise taxes or cut services or both. (RBTL: It will be both, even though you are already paying through the nose for nearly zero services, and, by the way, I knew this before the election. Nyah nyah!) And, by the way, even though I really made it clear that I was courting major jobs to replace all the Big 3 jobs which are going, going, gone, I actually haven't been able to procure any, except Google. (RBTL: Google is only a good job if you're a computer geek, not if you've worked on the line for 20 years, which is the case in the former automobile capital of the world. Also, I was completely unable to get the Prez to meet with the Big 3 execs, even though they were practically begging to.)

Very short version: things are bad. They will get worse. Perhaps you will learn from your mistake and not vote me in for a third term. Meanwhile, it's going to be a loooong 4 years.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home