A Tale of Two Sisters

Random thoughts regarding religion, politics, pop culture, and anything else that stikes my fancy. Everyone says I'm funny (looking)...

Name:
Location: Metro Detroit, Michigan, United States

Big Seester of The Clam Rampant. Friend of The Canuck (Baldguy). Newbie blogger. Veteran lurker. What about me? I dunno... Sex: Girl Race: Whitey Ethnicity: Solidly Mitteleuropa, with a smidge of Brittania for good measure Religion: Roman Catholic Fave Hockey Team: Red Wings Fave Baseball Team: Tigers Fave Basketball Team: Don't like basketball, but Pistons Fave Football Team: Notre Dame Fighting Irish, and the Michigan Wolverines (the Lions? Don't make me cry!)

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

When You Become What You Hate

A little Mr. Burns to set the mood of this post...

"This house has quite a long and colorful history. It was built on an ancient Indian burial ground, and was the setting of Satanic rituals, witch-burnings, and five John Denver Christmas specials."

So I have a terrible confession to make. Awful. Horrible. Puppy-squooshing bad.

I may have to break down and buy a Celine Dion CD. Specifically, her Christmas CD. I heard her rendition of "O Holy Night" (one of my fave carols) the other day, and I really liked it. Then, yesterday, I heard her rendition of "Ave Maria." Beautiful.

Oh, what to do? I cannot STAND Celine Dion. Is this how it begins? Do I start with a Celine Dion Christmas CD and end up having a collection of John Tesh duets with Kenny G? I feel like such a ... hypocrite. AND an old fogey all wrapped into one.

Oh, the humanity!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home