A Tale of Two Sisters

Random thoughts regarding religion, politics, pop culture, and anything else that stikes my fancy. Everyone says I'm funny (looking)...

Name:
Location: Metro Detroit, Michigan, United States

Big Seester of The Clam Rampant. Friend of The Canuck (Baldguy). Newbie blogger. Veteran lurker. What about me? I dunno... Sex: Girl Race: Whitey Ethnicity: Solidly Mitteleuropa, with a smidge of Brittania for good measure Religion: Roman Catholic Fave Hockey Team: Red Wings Fave Baseball Team: Tigers Fave Basketball Team: Don't like basketball, but Pistons Fave Football Team: Notre Dame Fighting Irish, and the Michigan Wolverines (the Lions? Don't make me cry!)

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

WHEW! That was a close one!

OK, so I voiced concern about buying a Celine Dion Christmas CD. (Scroll down!) I went to amazon.com to check it out, and I am relieved to know that I will NOT be buying it anytime soon. Here's why:

It's got that crappy, horrible John Lennon Christmas song on it. You know the one: Happy Xmas (War is Over). UGH!

It's also got a LOT of other songs that I don't know and don't particularly WANT to know. Including one (and I'm quoting a reviewer here): "Christmas Eve - This is one of the best new songs in the album. This song reminds me of Mariah Carey's All I Want For Christmas For You. It's upbeat and catchy, making you want to go out and have fun on Christmas eve."

OK, I HATE Mariah Carey's All I Want for Christmas is You. It's an ear worm. It's horrible, stupid, bouncy and trite.

If that wasn't bad enough, apparently she does a duet with R. Kelly on this album. BLECH!

All in all, only a few of the songs are ones I know & like, and there are a couple of French songs I might otherwise be interested in, but the negatives outweigh the positives.

I'm thinking that I will actually purchase an iPod next year. Then I can download the few songs I do want and skip the rest.

3 Comments:

Blogger The Big Seester said...

DJ,

Yes, but I'm a semi-luddite, and I have a difficult time with stuff like that...

Ask The Clam. She spends way too much time trying to explain this kind of stuff to me.

Still, iPods have been around for 5 years now, and they have probably worked out most of the bugs. I just guess I'm old-fashioned - I want to be able to TOUCH the CD. If I can't, how do I know that the music is really THERE?

December 21, 2006 at 9:07:00 AM EST  
Blogger Kasia said...

By listening to it, silly! :-) Doesn't touching the iPod count?

December 21, 2006 at 10:24:00 AM EST  
Blogger The Big Seester said...

I'm posting on this. Check it out.

December 21, 2006 at 10:30:00 AM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home