A Tale of Two Sisters

Random thoughts regarding religion, politics, pop culture, and anything else that stikes my fancy. Everyone says I'm funny (looking)...

Name:
Location: Metro Detroit, Michigan, United States

Big Seester of The Clam Rampant. Friend of The Canuck (Baldguy). Newbie blogger. Veteran lurker. What about me? I dunno... Sex: Girl Race: Whitey Ethnicity: Solidly Mitteleuropa, with a smidge of Brittania for good measure Religion: Roman Catholic Fave Hockey Team: Red Wings Fave Baseball Team: Tigers Fave Basketball Team: Don't like basketball, but Pistons Fave Football Team: Notre Dame Fighting Irish, and the Michigan Wolverines (the Lions? Don't make me cry!)

Friday, December 15, 2006

Free at last, free at last!

OK, so somewhere, MLK just put a hex on me for copping his cool quote for something so trivial. But it honestly relates how I feel about this, so... (I'm holding up a mirror so the hex bounces back and hits him...)

Today marks 6 weeks since I have had a sodypop.

To the uninformed, that doesn't seem like such a big thing. Well, you are WRONG. I am truly addicted to pop. Like an alcoholic, but with Coke. I could care less about hooch, but give me a Coke, and I'll be your friend for life. So, I'm a friend of Bill W's much younger sister. I have been trying to stop drinking pop for years. More than a decade, actually. I have gone from regular Coke to Diet Coke and back again to regular Coke. It has been a never-ending drama of ups and downs, triumphs and failures.

Ask The Clam, she knows the pain, agony and suffering I have gone through trying to quit the fizzy stuff.

I'm not generally a conspiracy theorist, but I'll tell you something: 6 weeks out, and I STILL want a pop, badly. Something's not right there. I don't know what it is, but WOW.

At this point, what's keeping me going is momentum. I say to myself, "Come on - you've done this for 6 weeks. Why would you blow it now?" The last 6 weeks have seen me drink water until I'm ready to sprout gills, enough tea to drown an Englishman, and coffee. Not a ton of coffee, just some. Enough coffee to mildly interest an Italian?

I just had to share my victory!

1 Comments:

Blogger Kasia said...

You SO rock! I'm still hooked...

December 16, 2006 at 9:44:00 AM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home