A Tale of Two Sisters

Random thoughts regarding religion, politics, pop culture, and anything else that stikes my fancy. Everyone says I'm funny (looking)...

Name:
Location: Metro Detroit, Michigan, United States

Big Seester of The Clam Rampant. Friend of The Canuck (Baldguy). Newbie blogger. Veteran lurker. What about me? I dunno... Sex: Girl Race: Whitey Ethnicity: Solidly Mitteleuropa, with a smidge of Brittania for good measure Religion: Roman Catholic Fave Hockey Team: Red Wings Fave Baseball Team: Tigers Fave Basketball Team: Don't like basketball, but Pistons Fave Football Team: Notre Dame Fighting Irish, and the Michigan Wolverines (the Lions? Don't make me cry!)

Thursday, February 08, 2007

Faith Based Humor

It's pretty clear from reading this blog that I am a Simpsons fan. So, in order to calm myself down, I thought I'd post some of the religious humor from that show:

Ned: Homer, God didn't set your house on fire.
Rev. Lovejoy: No, but He was working in the hearts of your friends and neighbors when they came to your aid, be they Christian (Ned), Jew (Krusty), or ... miscellaneous (Apu).
Apu: Hindu! There are 700 million of us.
Rev. Lovejoy: Aw, that's super.

Homer: No offense Apu, but when they were handing out religions you must have been out taking a whiz.
Apu: Mr. Simpson, please pay for your services and get out and come again!

Apu: Please do not offer my god a peanut.

Apu: By the 7 arms of Vishnu, I swear it. I am not a Hindu.

Carl: This candy is subpar. Any religion that embraces carob is not for Carl Carlson.

Lisa: I'm no theologian. I don't know who or what God is. All I know is he's more powerful than Mom and Dad put together.

Marge : Aren't you going to perform the last rites?
Rev. Lovejoy : That's Catholic, Marge. You might as well ask me to perform a voodoo dance.

Lisa: Everyone should be able to choose their faith, just like I chose Buddhism.
Father Sean: Buddhism? (laughs) Well, I guess lots of kids have imaginary friends.

Homer: [childproofing Apu's apartment] Avoid overly pointy deities. You should get yourself a nice, round Buddha.
Apu: Sir, I am a Hindu!
Homer: Well, so am I, but I don't get all huffy about it!

OK. I'm in a happy place now...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home