A Tale of Two Sisters

Random thoughts regarding religion, politics, pop culture, and anything else that stikes my fancy. Everyone says I'm funny (looking)...

Name:
Location: Metro Detroit, Michigan, United States

Big Seester of The Clam Rampant. Friend of The Canuck (Baldguy). Newbie blogger. Veteran lurker. What about me? I dunno... Sex: Girl Race: Whitey Ethnicity: Solidly Mitteleuropa, with a smidge of Brittania for good measure Religion: Roman Catholic Fave Hockey Team: Red Wings Fave Baseball Team: Tigers Fave Basketball Team: Don't like basketball, but Pistons Fave Football Team: Notre Dame Fighting Irish, and the Michigan Wolverines (the Lions? Don't make me cry!)

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Coronation Street, I Miss You Already!

So the CBC, ever-ready to irritate its Corrie fans, has taken Corrie off the air Monday-Friday at 7:00 pm until the hockey playoffs are over. Keep in mind that the hockey playoffs last 2 full months! I'm a huge Red Wings fan, but even so - did they have to make me choose?! Now I know how Sophie felt! Yeah, sure, they are still running the "omnibus" (Canadians sure use funny words: omnibus, toque, Quebec...) Sunday mornings from 7:30 - 10:00, which is fine, except that the CBC doesn't seem to grasp that soaps are, by definition, ADDICTIVE, and going an entire week between episodes is NOT COOL. Would they do this to a smack addict? When last we left our intrepid Weatherfieldians, Claire was having a baby on her couch, and her idiot husband wouldn't let the doctor near her. (Oh sure, he has a good reason for that, but I really don't see Dr. Matt Ramsden getting it on with Claire WHILE she's in labor. He's seductive, but not that seductive!) Now I'm going to have Claire's squealed, "Ashley, PLEASE!" in my head until Sunday when I get back from church. Great. I NEED my Corrie fix, or bad things happen.

Months ago, when I first stumbled upon the Corrie Canuck website (which graciously allows Americans to post as well, even though by definition you'd think that was verboten) we got to grumbling about how we (CBC watchers) are several months behind the actual episodes. What I mean is this: we just had the Father's Day 2006 episode here in North America. Shelley just left for her new life. Claire is just about to spawn a red-faced baby to compete with her husband in the temper tantrum category. Yeah. It's very confusing, and not pleasant, because we keep stumbling upon spoilers which are old news to those in the UK. (For example, I know of one upcoming death of a character I really enjoy, and every time this person is on the show now, I get all upset and melancholy.)

Anyway, I suggested to the Corrie Canuckers (not to be confused with The Canuck, who doesn't watch Corrie ever) that perhaps I should threaten the CBC with a little American-style intervention if they didn't bring us up to date with the UK. I decided, for international peace and brotherhood, to forego that idea. Well, times have changed. I am taking action! Here's my draft of my letter to the CBC.

What do you think? Will they be scared enough to comply and put Corrie back on where it belongs?!?!

DEAR CBC: RELEASE CORONATION STREET FROM ITS IMPRISONMENT ON SUNDAY MORNINGS AND RETURN IT TO PRIME TIME ASAP, OR THIS LETTER WILL BE MAILED!

To: President George W. Bush
The White House

Dear Mr. President:

I know you have had some disappointments lately in your search for weapons of mass destruction. It has come to my attention that Peter Mansbridge, a Canadian news reporter, has many, many WMDs in his possession. (In case you are unsure, "Canada" is a large land mass directly north of the USA. If you put your finger on Texas and go up, it will be right above Montana.) I think that you should send troops to the CBC's headquarters in Toronto as soon as you can. Be careful: Mansbridge is very wily.

Please tell the troops to be very careful and not hurt Rick Mercer, though. I really like him.

Sincerely,

A Loyal American on the Border

BTW, CBC, IT WOULD BE REALLY NICE IF YOU WOULD GET US CAUGHT UP TO THE BRITISH EPISODES, SINCE THEY ARE ALMOST A YEAR AHEAD OF US.

DON'T MAKE ME USE THIS!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home