A Tale of Two Sisters

Random thoughts regarding religion, politics, pop culture, and anything else that stikes my fancy. Everyone says I'm funny (looking)...

Name:
Location: Metro Detroit, Michigan, United States

Big Seester of The Clam Rampant. Friend of The Canuck (Baldguy). Newbie blogger. Veteran lurker. What about me? I dunno... Sex: Girl Race: Whitey Ethnicity: Solidly Mitteleuropa, with a smidge of Brittania for good measure Religion: Roman Catholic Fave Hockey Team: Red Wings Fave Baseball Team: Tigers Fave Basketball Team: Don't like basketball, but Pistons Fave Football Team: Notre Dame Fighting Irish, and the Michigan Wolverines (the Lions? Don't make me cry!)

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Last Night's 24

Ok, so unless I missed something (I was out of the room for a few minutes at the very beginning of the show) we didn't find out whether Mr. Treasonous Ex-President died from the stab wound inflicted by his ex-wife, the former Designing Woman Jean Smart.

Meanwhile, we found out that the CTU has A Mole. (As in, someone who is keeping the bad guys informed.) When I first heard that, I thought, "Well, if I were a mole at the CTU and wanted to have a patsy, since Lee Harvey Oswald isn't available, I think I'd make the Muslim chick the patsy." And, sure enough, the person doing it has been using Nadia's code. Of course, Nadia has been using Milo's code (illegally, but that's a whole 'nother story) so of course we know it wasn't her, because like, the first thing they teach you in terrorist training school is not to log in as yourself if you are going to spy while at a government agency! (Not that I know that for a fact, but, once again, if I ran the zoo, that would be basic information.)

So we know the mole isn't Nadia. It's the sort of thing reading murder mysteries gives you an eye for. Listen, if you feel yourself suspecting the rakish and mysterious Lord Smythe-Trevelyn halfway through the book, chances are the poor peer's innocent. He's a red herring.

Speaking of Red Herrings, why are the Russians screwing with us again exactly? Don't they have enough problems over there to deal with without messing around with us? Of course, it's a ROGUE Russian. Sure.

Also, if I didn't know better, I'd say the VP was behind the assassination attempt on the President, except they just did that storyline LAST YEAR, right?

Also, here's a question for all the 24 fans out there - based on your history of watching 24, is The Mole going to be some random CTU person (the equivalent of the poor slob who gets beamed down with Kirk and Spock) or is it likelier to be a Person We Know? (There's an unwritten murder mystery rule that the killer must be an established character in the book.)

If so, my money's on Milo. I don't like him. He's weaseley, and was just a little too OK with Nadia using his code before.

Also, Ricky Schroder's not wearing pastel pink izods anymore! Take THAT, Alfonso Ribiero!

And Jack managed to get through this entire episode with torturing anyone or threatening to kill anyone. Good job!

2 Comments:

Blogger Kasia said...

"Hi, my name is Jack, and I'm a torture-holic."

March 21, 2007 at 4:36:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHA.

He really does need some kind of 12 step program for that..

TBS

March 21, 2007 at 4:52:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home