A Tale of Two Sisters

Random thoughts regarding religion, politics, pop culture, and anything else that stikes my fancy. Everyone says I'm funny (looking)...

Name:
Location: Metro Detroit, Michigan, United States

Big Seester of The Clam Rampant. Friend of The Canuck (Baldguy). Newbie blogger. Veteran lurker. What about me? I dunno... Sex: Girl Race: Whitey Ethnicity: Solidly Mitteleuropa, with a smidge of Brittania for good measure Religion: Roman Catholic Fave Hockey Team: Red Wings Fave Baseball Team: Tigers Fave Basketball Team: Don't like basketball, but Pistons Fave Football Team: Notre Dame Fighting Irish, and the Michigan Wolverines (the Lions? Don't make me cry!)

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Say it Ain't So, Fred!

Fred Thompson has just revealed that he has been battling cancer for 2 years:

http://www.redstate.com/stories/elections/2008/what_you_need_to_know

On the other hand, what he has is called an indolent lymphoma, which is apparently very slow growing and not life-threatening. People usually die of old age before they die of it. Which is good, both for him and for the country, if he can still get elected.

Again, my favorite funny conservative blog, imao.us has the best line:

Lymphoma Has Made the Wrong Enemy

Posted by Frank J. at 02:06 PM
View blog reactions

Fred Thompson has revealed he has lymphoma (if Red State has recovered from being linked by The Drudge Report, Fred Thompson wrote about it in a post there). It's in remission and has no effect on him (because, of course, he's Fred Thompson). I've never publicly said so, but I'm kinda excited about the idea of a Fred Thompson candidacy, so I hope the fact that he's putting this information out is an indication he's planning on running.

I'm sure you will all join me in wishing Fred Thompson the best, but
you should also know that he spits on our well-wishes because he doesn't need them. He's Fred Thompson. (end quote)

****************
Well, all I can say is: best wishes to Sen. Thompson and his family, and I sincerely hope that this will neither dissuade him from running nor dissuade people from voting for him.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home