A Tale of Two Sisters

Random thoughts regarding religion, politics, pop culture, and anything else that stikes my fancy. Everyone says I'm funny (looking)...

Name:
Location: Metro Detroit, Michigan, United States

Big Seester of The Clam Rampant. Friend of The Canuck (Baldguy). Newbie blogger. Veteran lurker. What about me? I dunno... Sex: Girl Race: Whitey Ethnicity: Solidly Mitteleuropa, with a smidge of Brittania for good measure Religion: Roman Catholic Fave Hockey Team: Red Wings Fave Baseball Team: Tigers Fave Basketball Team: Don't like basketball, but Pistons Fave Football Team: Notre Dame Fighting Irish, and the Michigan Wolverines (the Lions? Don't make me cry!)

Thursday, November 16, 2006

Things That Irritate Me, Part 2

I realize that I am definitely not alone in this one, but can I just say Grrrr! to Christmas starting the day after Halloween? Thank God I no longer work in an office where WNIC gets piped through the loudspeakers, because I may have had to staple my ears shut by now. For those of you outside of the metro Detroit area, WNIC at the best of times plays cheesy pop favorites (scads of Celine Dion and Michael Bolton), but they play 24/7 Christmas music beginning November 1st. If I had to hear 2 solid months of Christmas music, by the time Christmas actually rolled around, I would be ready to dig Der Bingle (Bing Crosby) up and smack him around. Possibly Nat King Cole too, especially when his O Tannenbaum is sooooo hard to listen to, because he could not handle the German. Seriously. It's painful.

Now, I can see you all saying, "Wow, Scroogella, chill!" Don't get me wrong. I love Christmas. Love it! I love it for its religious significance - it is the birth of Our Savior. I also love it for its general fun-ness - lights and trees and cookies and egg nog and all kinds of good stuff like that. And I love Christmas music! I can sing dozens and dozens of Christmas songs, both carols and secular. I am not advocating sitting in the dark eating a crust of stale bread and cursing all those Whos down in Whoville.

Anyway, I just had to get that off my chest. I'm sure there will be future Christmas Grrrrs! blog postings om my site, like how much I hate the now ubiqitous DeBeers Buy Her a Diamond, Because She Married You for Your Money, and Otherwise You Won't Get Lucky Next Year ads; the various obnoxious kids demanding unrealistic stuff from their parents ads, and of course the annual Christmas Wars incidents that arise. Plus I am sure there will be some surprises too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home