A Tale of Two Sisters

Random thoughts regarding religion, politics, pop culture, and anything else that stikes my fancy. Everyone says I'm funny (looking)...

Name:
Location: Metro Detroit, Michigan, United States

Big Seester of The Clam Rampant. Friend of The Canuck (Baldguy). Newbie blogger. Veteran lurker. What about me? I dunno... Sex: Girl Race: Whitey Ethnicity: Solidly Mitteleuropa, with a smidge of Brittania for good measure Religion: Roman Catholic Fave Hockey Team: Red Wings Fave Baseball Team: Tigers Fave Basketball Team: Don't like basketball, but Pistons Fave Football Team: Notre Dame Fighting Irish, and the Michigan Wolverines (the Lions? Don't make me cry!)

Thursday, March 08, 2007

More Mindless TV Stuff

Tuesday's episode of House was one of the best shows I have seen in a looong time. Hugh Laurie is just an incredible actor. (I know I've said that before. No I DON'T have a crush on him. Well, maybe just a teensy one. But it's really all about his talent, not his looks. Really. Mostly. Although the blue eyes help. I'm a sucker for a man with blue eyes.)

The guest stars were Kurtwood Smith (the guy who played Red Forman on That 70s Show and the even meaner dad in Dead Poets Society) and Dave Matthews. You know, from the Dave Matthews Band. (DJ - they are a rock and roll musical combination act.)

The main storyline is about Dave, who is a musical savant (brilliant classical pianist, but can't button his shirt) who is (of course) having a health crisis. BTW, his acting was pretty good. Not amazing, but pretty good. When did he decide to act? I missed that memo. Did the DMB break up?

But the real storyline is that Dr. House has inoperable brain cancer! (Don't you DARE give away the ending if you have seen the episode, because The Clam hasn't seen it yet! AND SHE WILL. MARK MY WORDS.)

And there is a scene where Hugh Laurie and Dave Matthews are playing the piano together that is just soooo cool to watch. (Hugh, as he likes me to call him, is an accomplished pianist, and even back in the Jeeves and Wooster days, he could be seen to play and sing.)

Funny tidbits about this episode: Red Forman (well, the actor who played him) had a son on That 70s Show called Eric Forman, and of course on House, Omar Epps' character is Dr. Eric Foreman. Weird.

Additionally, Robert Sean Leonard played his son in Dead Poets Society. And Eric Forman thought he had it tough! Red was a pussycat compared to that dad!

You know, I have to say this. The writers keep trying to keep us guessing about whether House will end up with Cameron or Cuddy (2 female doctors on the show) and they write these scenes which I think are supposed to be sizzling. But they're not. Cameron is boring and prissy, and Cuddy always sounds whiny.

The scenes I really enjoy are the scenes between House and Wilson (Robert Sean Leonard). Their friendship is much more complex and interesting than either of the so-called love interests on the show.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kasia said...

Hm. Does someone take House to Lourdes and have him bathe in the waters there, whereby his brain cancer is miraculously healed? Or do he and Robert Sean Leonard discover that their friendship is actually a cover for deeper feelings between them?

Having seen what I have of the show, my guess would be it's something closer to the latter than the former. But hey. I'll still watch it.

:-)

March 8, 2007 at 3:57:00 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nope and nope.

You'll have to see it.

Very soon, before I lose the episode!

TBS

March 8, 2007 at 4:14:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home