A Tale of Two Sisters

Random thoughts regarding religion, politics, pop culture, and anything else that stikes my fancy. Everyone says I'm funny (looking)...

Name:
Location: Metro Detroit, Michigan, United States

Big Seester of The Clam Rampant. Friend of The Canuck (Baldguy). Newbie blogger. Veteran lurker. What about me? I dunno... Sex: Girl Race: Whitey Ethnicity: Solidly Mitteleuropa, with a smidge of Brittania for good measure Religion: Roman Catholic Fave Hockey Team: Red Wings Fave Baseball Team: Tigers Fave Basketball Team: Don't like basketball, but Pistons Fave Football Team: Notre Dame Fighting Irish, and the Michigan Wolverines (the Lions? Don't make me cry!)

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

The Golden Globes

No, I didn't watch them. I generally ignore award shows. My personal opinion is that Hollywood has a high enough opinion of itself without getting patted on the back every other week. Name another profession where you get schmoozed all over 18 times a year. Most of us just show up and do our jobs. Once a year we might get something called a "raise." You'd think that earning a gazillion dollars a year would be all the positive reinforcement these people need. I cannot decide whether they are narcisstic or needy. Probably a combination. At any rate, it's annoying.

That said, I love that Helen Mirren won 2 times: for playing Queen Elizabeth 1 AND Queen Elizabeth 2. Hilarious! She is a GREAT actress. Really talented, and from what I've heard, a class act all the way. AND Hugh Laurie won (I'm assuming for House) and I love Hugh Laurie. (Not "he's so dreamy" love him; "he's so talented" love him.) Which got me thinking: who do I really enjoy watching? And you know what? They are almost all British! Not just Helen Mirren and Hugh Laurie, but also Judi Dench, Patricia Routledge (that's Hyacinth Bucket, people), Stephen Fry, Rowan Atkinson, etc. Am I a wannabe? An Anglophile snob? Or do I just have good taste?

2 Comments:

Blogger Kasia said...

Hmph. *I* think you just have good taste, but since we have similar tastes, that can't count for much...

January 16, 2007 at 4:35:00 PM EST  
Blogger Kasia said...

Of course, Hugh Laurie *is* dreamy, as well as incredibly talented... ;-)

January 17, 2007 at 9:43:00 AM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home