A Tale of Two Sisters

Random thoughts regarding religion, politics, pop culture, and anything else that stikes my fancy. Everyone says I'm funny (looking)...

Name:
Location: Metro Detroit, Michigan, United States

Big Seester of The Clam Rampant. Friend of The Canuck (Baldguy). Newbie blogger. Veteran lurker. What about me? I dunno... Sex: Girl Race: Whitey Ethnicity: Solidly Mitteleuropa, with a smidge of Brittania for good measure Religion: Roman Catholic Fave Hockey Team: Red Wings Fave Baseball Team: Tigers Fave Basketball Team: Don't like basketball, but Pistons Fave Football Team: Notre Dame Fighting Irish, and the Michigan Wolverines (the Lions? Don't make me cry!)

Thursday, January 04, 2007

Is it just me, or does this year stink?

People are really cheesing me off this year. That's right - 4 days in and I'm ready to holler "Do Over!"

First, yesterday on the bus, I am minding my own business and reading a fascinating article about the Pushtunwali in The Economist when I hear, "PSSSST. Lady! LADY!" I realize that some jerk on the bus is trying to get my attention. As I look up from the magazine, he WHISTLES at me. Now, I don't mean a wolf whistle (not that that would be any better). I mean the kind of whistling you do to get your dog to come back. I stare at him, appalled, and he says, "What time is it?" OK. Wow. First of all, buy a watch. Second of all, we just passed the stupid Blue Cross billboard which displays the time and temperature. Third, ask the person sitting next to you. What, because she's black you think she can't tell time? Or ask the person sitting in front of you, or behind you, or across the aisle from you. One of these people must surely have a watch or a cell phone. I cannot be the only person on the bus who has a time-telling instrument. But it is not necessary to holler across 4 rows to ask me. Plus I'm not even wearing a watch. (It needs a new battery, and nothing on earth could induce me to go buy one from Walmart in December.) So I sit there, flabbergasted, trying to come up with a withering response to being whistled at like Lassie, without explaining to this a-hole why I'm not wearing a watch, when someone else (because yes, everyone on the bus was a witness to this) tells him what time it is.

Then I come into work and have the lovely interrogation about my coffee (see yesterday's big gripe below).

So I think, wow. Yesterday was a bad day. Maybe there's a full moon. (Turns out there was, or at least it was close to full.)

Then today I go into work and make some toast in the kitchen to have with my cafe au lait. (Yes, I know, I should eat breakfast at home, but I took a sleeping pill last night, so trust me, there wasn't time. And YES, I DID shower today. But I didn't have time for much else!)

Anyway, I pull my toast out of the toaster and a co-worker (not one of the crows from yesterday) says, "Well, that toast isn't even TOASTED!"

ARGH! LEAVE ME ALONE! JUST LEAVE ME ALONE!!!!!!!!!!

DO OVER!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home