A Tale of Two Sisters

Random thoughts regarding religion, politics, pop culture, and anything else that stikes my fancy. Everyone says I'm funny (looking)...

Name:
Location: Metro Detroit, Michigan, United States

Big Seester of The Clam Rampant. Friend of The Canuck (Baldguy). Newbie blogger. Veteran lurker. What about me? I dunno... Sex: Girl Race: Whitey Ethnicity: Solidly Mitteleuropa, with a smidge of Brittania for good measure Religion: Roman Catholic Fave Hockey Team: Red Wings Fave Baseball Team: Tigers Fave Basketball Team: Don't like basketball, but Pistons Fave Football Team: Notre Dame Fighting Irish, and the Michigan Wolverines (the Lions? Don't make me cry!)

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Last Night's 24 (Spoiler Warning!)

Wow. I cannot believe I am now a person who discusses 24 on her blog. But the only person I know who watches it regularly is The Canuck, and calling him in Canada gets really expensive.

Although I called him in Canada Sunday night because (embarrassing self-revelation) I watched the first 5 minutes of (gasp!) The Grammies on Sunday, because I wanted to see The Police perform. (Don't worry - I turned it off right after that!) Now, I know what you are thinking. When I was in Junior High and High School, The Police were really cool. All the guys I knew loved The Police (in a totally hetero way, of course). I wasn't too into them - the same guys who loved them also loved Rush and D&D. You know, white nerdy boys. (The guys that rule the planet today.) I just thought Sting was h-o-t. And then there were the rumors about...tantric...hmmm.

Looking back, I appreciate them more now than I did then. Their music is very intelligent for Rock and/or Roll. Well, I wanted to see if they still had their musical chops. I thought they did a great job (and Sting is still looking most excellent, although I hear the tantric thing was just a rumor). But at the very end of the performance, I thought I saw evidence of lip-synching. Just for a second. So I called The Canuck, who I knew was going to be watching "Just The Police" too.

"Were they lip-synching?" queried I. "How should I know?" replied The (legally blind) Canuck. Oops! What a maroon! (Me, not him.)

Anyhoo, when I saw him this weekend, I was bursting to talk 24, and he very rudely hadn't see the last episode, so I couldn't talk about Morris being abducted or James Cromwell killing Graem Bauer. It was killing me!

So I tuned into the double episode last night, thinking to myself that whoever they hired to do the previews wasn't very good at his job, because "they gave away everything" before I even turned on the show. (You know how sometimes you see a preview for a movie and you think, "Wow. Thanks. Now I don't have to see the movie!" That's what it felt like!)

I couldn't have been more wrong. They killed off both Darren McCarthy (is the name a tribute to Darren McCarty, the former Red Wing? I hear Kiefer's a fan...) and his arm candy (who apparently didn't have a name). James Cromwell has shown his evil side to Graem's widow, and Chad Lowe is plotting to assassinate the President. (And the evil lackey from Ghostbusters 2 is OK with that. Maybe Prince Vigo, the Scourge of Carpathia, can be elected?)

My thoughts are as follows:

1. If they assassinate Junior Palmer, can they take out his sister too? Please?
2. I wish they hadn't shown James Cromwell's evil guy hand just yet. I was really enjoying his sociopathy.
3. I still don't like cross-eyed chick (The Canuck informs me that her actual name is Potato Face) but I was glad she had the chutzpah to tell Morris to quit feeling sorry for himself.
4. Why didn't Marilyn trust Jack? Why does NO ONE trust Jack until it's too late???

Tune in next week for our next exciting episode...

2 Comments:

Blogger Kasia said...

Why does NO ONE trust Jack until it's too late???

Probably because Kiefer Sutherland (and by extension all characters he portrays) comes across as a wacko? Or because, if they trusted him, the show would wrap up altogether too neatly?

I prefer the first explanation...

February 13, 2007 at 2:24:00 PM EST  
Blogger The Big Seester said...

OK, 24 is NOT conservative. Not this season anyway. (Keep in mind that this is the first season I have really watched.)

The conservative guys on the show (the nerdy guy from Numb3rs and Ghostbusters 2) and Chad Lowe are conspiring to assassinate the President of the United States!!!! None of the liberal members of the White House staff are conspiring.

TBS

February 13, 2007 at 3:38:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home