A Tale of Two Sisters

Random thoughts regarding religion, politics, pop culture, and anything else that stikes my fancy. Everyone says I'm funny (looking)...

Name:
Location: Metro Detroit, Michigan, United States

Big Seester of The Clam Rampant. Friend of The Canuck (Baldguy). Newbie blogger. Veteran lurker. What about me? I dunno... Sex: Girl Race: Whitey Ethnicity: Solidly Mitteleuropa, with a smidge of Brittania for good measure Religion: Roman Catholic Fave Hockey Team: Red Wings Fave Baseball Team: Tigers Fave Basketball Team: Don't like basketball, but Pistons Fave Football Team: Notre Dame Fighting Irish, and the Michigan Wolverines (the Lions? Don't make me cry!)

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Nooooooo! Say it ain't so, Frank and Joe!

Cruise, Stiller to star in Hardy Boys movie
"Tom Cruise and Ben Stiller will play the leads in 20th Century Fox's The Hardy Men, an action-comedy based on the Hardy Boys mystery novels. Shawn Levy will direct. The movie is about the Hardy Boys, after they've grown up and gone on to live separate lives, coming together one last time to solve a case. Stiller will produce with his Red Hour partner Stuart Cornfeld, along with Robert Kosberg, who owned the original Hardy Boys rights and first brought the project to Red Hour eight years ago. Production is scheduled to start some time next year. Stiller and Cruise are also discussing a potential team-up for Tropic Thunder, the movie Stiller is directing for DreamWorks. That movie is being distributed by Paramount, the studio that publicly cut ties with Cruise last year." (Variety)

Well, crud. There's another good childhood memory down the tubes. Next, Jessica Simpson will play Nancy Drew.

Have I ever mentioned that when the TV series was on in the 70s (with Parker Stevenson as Frank Hardy and Sean Cassidy as Joe Hardy) I decided that Frank was the guy for me?!?!

I had read some of the books, but it was the TV show that made me realize that Frank was my dream man - he had a J-O-B, plus (and this was something that I hadn't clued into reading the books for some reason) Joe would always get into trouble and need to get rescued by Frank. So honestly, who would you rather be with - the guy that you end up locked in the dungeon with, or the guy that gets you OUT of the dungeon?

To me that's a no-brainer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home