A Tale of Two Sisters

Random thoughts regarding religion, politics, pop culture, and anything else that stikes my fancy. Everyone says I'm funny (looking)...

Name:
Location: Metro Detroit, Michigan, United States

Big Seester of The Clam Rampant. Friend of The Canuck (Baldguy). Newbie blogger. Veteran lurker. What about me? I dunno... Sex: Girl Race: Whitey Ethnicity: Solidly Mitteleuropa, with a smidge of Brittania for good measure Religion: Roman Catholic Fave Hockey Team: Red Wings Fave Baseball Team: Tigers Fave Basketball Team: Don't like basketball, but Pistons Fave Football Team: Notre Dame Fighting Irish, and the Michigan Wolverines (the Lions? Don't make me cry!)

Thursday, February 15, 2007

Sweet! And I Really Mean That...

Check it out! Ben & Jerry's is naming an ice cream after the King of Truthiness, our next president, Stephen Colbert!!!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070214/ap_en_tv/people_stephen_colbert

It is called Stephen Colbert's Americone Dream, subtitled "The Sweet Taste of Liberty in Your Mouth." It is vanilla (naturally!) with fudge-covered waffle cone pieces and caramel. Sounds like it's right up my alley! Diet? What diet?

Here's an excerpt from the article, in case the link drops:

The Vermont-based ice-cream maker is known for naming its flavors after people such as Jerry Garcia, Wavy Gravy and the band Phish — which Colbert sees as a political bias.

"I'm not afraid to say it. Dessert has a well-known liberal agenda," Colbert said in a statement. "What I hope to do with this ice cream is bring some balance back to the freezer case."


BTW, I just want you to know that I emailed this article to The Clam, after which I got a phone call from her telling me I'd been "scooped" (isn't she funny?) by regular reader DJ, who sent the article to her, suggesting she send it to me.

Great minds think alike, DJ!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger The Big Seester said...

Well, thanks for the newstip!

Feel free to pass along anything you think I might utilize...

TBS

February 16, 2007 at 12:48:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home