A Tale of Two Sisters

Random thoughts regarding religion, politics, pop culture, and anything else that stikes my fancy. Everyone says I'm funny (looking)...

Name:
Location: Metro Detroit, Michigan, United States

Big Seester of The Clam Rampant. Friend of The Canuck (Baldguy). Newbie blogger. Veteran lurker. What about me? I dunno... Sex: Girl Race: Whitey Ethnicity: Solidly Mitteleuropa, with a smidge of Brittania for good measure Religion: Roman Catholic Fave Hockey Team: Red Wings Fave Baseball Team: Tigers Fave Basketball Team: Don't like basketball, but Pistons Fave Football Team: Notre Dame Fighting Irish, and the Michigan Wolverines (the Lions? Don't make me cry!)

Thursday, February 15, 2007

Who Is This "Wavy Gravy"?

Just in case you are unclear on who Wavy Gravy is (i.e. you are under 40 and/or you never went through a hippie phase in your teens or early twenties), here's some info:

http://www.wavygravy.net/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wavy_Gravy

Hmmm. Why are hotlinks no longer working? Stupid Google "you must upgrade your blogger" people. I hate change! (whiny voice) CLAM, YOU MUST HELP ME! YOU MUST STAY HOME FROM STUPID STINKY CANADA THIS WEEKEND TO HELP ME FIX WHATEVER I HAVE DONE TO THIS BLOG (AND HELP ME POST PICS OF THE WITTLE BABIES)!!! Ok, you can still go to Canada. But it's really cold up there and they are completely buried in snow.

Anyway, back to Wavy Gravy. Here's a couple of quotes from the wiki: "Wavy Gravy is a life-long activist for peace and personal empowerment, best known for his hippie appearance, personality, and beliefs." And "Wavy Gravy's clown personna grew out of his political activism. Constantly being arrested at demonstrations, he decided he would be less likely to be busted if he dressed as a clown. "Clowns are safe," as he put it." (Yeah, unless the clown turns out to be John Wayne Gacy, you stoner!)

How did I, who has neither attained the age of 40 nor experienced any latent hippie tendencies, learn of this man called Gravy?

Same way I learn almost everything - from cartoons! The Simpsons, to be exact! There's a flashback episode where we learn that my fave character, Mr. Burns, went undercover in the 60s to sink a Greenpeace boat. When he succeeds, he says: It was I, you fools! The man you trusted wasn't Wavy Gravy at all! [tosses a guitar away] And all this time, I've been smoking harmless tobacco. (I could be wrong, but I think that's the episode where Rodney Dangerfield played his long-lost son.)

So of course I had to discover what THAT was all about.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kasia said...

Um...

I STILL didn't know who Wavy Gravy was, and I saw that episode of The Simpsons.

Sigh. Doesn't sound like I missed much, but it's just one more example of my complete lack of observational skills.

February 15, 2007 at 3:21:00 PM EST  
Blogger The Big Seester said...

Well, check out the link, silly goose!

Can you help me fix the blog?!!?!?!?

Please???

February 15, 2007 at 3:26:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home